How To Track Passports Via Posta Kenya 
- Documents Required For Status Change From B2 To F1  - September 21, 2023
- Documents Required For Asylum In Canada  - September 21, 2023
- Govt Issues 3 Sure Ways To Know If Your Kenyan Passport Is Ready For Collection  - September 13, 2023
Passport tracking via Posta Kenya has been temporarily suspended! Please use alternative method instead.
Staying informed about the status of your passport is a crucial process which offers convenience when applicants track passports via Posta Kenya.
In Kenya, passport applications are usually done online via the ecitizen platform which generally facilitates the passport-related processes which include application, payment, booking of biometrics appointment as well as tracking of the passport across its various passport processing stages
Besides utilizing ecitizen in passport tracking, there exists a partnership between the Directorate of Immigration and Postal Corporation of Kenya (PCK).
The Postal Corporation of Kenya is a commercial public corporation entrusted with delivering accessible, cheap, and dependable postal services to all parts of Kenya.
In addition, the Corporation in partnership with other postal administrations across East Africa provides Postal Money Transfers through the UPU electronic International Financial System (IFS).
It also features the International Postal System (IPS), which allows mail and EMS to be tracked and traced inside UPU member nations.
Other notable services provided by Posta Kenya include customs declaration, payment/courier/mail services, pick & drop as well as passport collection services which allows passport applicants to track passports via Posta Kenya through receiving, sorting and delivering printed passports to their respective owners.
However, before you can begin to track passports via Posta Kenya, you must first ensure that you have all the necessary information to facilitate this process and in this case, you require a passport tracking number.
A passport tracking number refers to a 10-digit number printed on a photo token receipt obtained after the biometrics capture process which involves submission of your fingerprints as well as passport photo-taking session for identity verification purposes that will be useful in passport processing stages after biometrics.
Alongside the tracking number, the photo token also contains details pertaining to your passport application such as your name, application & passport type, page count, reference number, ecitizen number as well as date and time of issuance of the photo token receipt.
In instances whereby you may have lost/misplaced your token receipt, you are required to contact the immigration office for assistance to this effect.
How To Track Passports Via Posta Kenya
Once the passport processing stages after biometrics are complete, you may receive an sms notification from the Immigration office regarding the completion and collection of your printed passport.
The sms will also contain a link to the Posta Kenya portal.
With the passport tracking number on hand, you can now proceed to track passports via Posta Kenya easily using the below procedure.
- Go to the Posta Kenya passport booking and collecting website.
Enter the 10-digit passport tracking number in the empty tracking number field.
Click on the ‘Track My Passport’ button and await response.
If you encounter the above error, you can follow our guide on how to fix passport tracking number not found
- However, if you are redirected to the booking page, proceed and fill in the KYC sections which entail your full names, national ID number, email address and mobile phone number.
Additional sections require you to select your office for delivery, choose your preferred collection date upon which the system automatically generates a collection date for you.
Note: If your desired pickup point is not on the listed, you can proceed to email email@example.com with your preferred collection point for further assistance.
- Upon submission, you will be directed to make payment to the below details:
Paybill Number: 5161863
Account Number: auto-generated
Amount: varies depending on the chosen pickup point
- Upon successful completion of payment, tap on the ‘Click To Complete Booking’ button.
- Upon successful payment and booking, you will receive a notification on the same as well as 2 simultaneous sms from M-Pesa detailing the transaction information and Posta confirming receipt as well as passport collection information such as location, date and time.