Tala Launches Covid-19 Health Insurance Cover Plan
- How Long It Takes To Reverse Mpesa Transaction  - November 26, 2023
- Private Student Loans Without Cosigner/No Credit History In USA 2023 - November 25, 2023
- 6 Pro Tips For Using 401k As Down-Payment Towards Your First Home - November 24, 2023
Tala has really stood out to show support during the Covid-19 period. Among its several initiatives, the lender has also rolled out its own insurance plan.
Dubbed Tala Tiba, the low cost hospitalization cover provides a cash-back on in-patient for 3 or more consecutive nights.
This means that if one is admitted for the above duration, s/he gets paid Ksh500 for each night starting from the 3rd night on-wards.
Tala customers can get paid up to Ksh15,000 a year.
The cover costs approximately Ksh37.50 per month translating to Ksh450 annually and also allows access to any NHIF-registered hospitals for treatment.
To apply for this service,
- Fill in your required details in this form.
- Make a payment of Ksh450 to Paybill 800730 and use your name as the account.
- Once completion of payment, you will receive a call from Turaco ( Tala’s insurance partner ) whereby you can ask any questions as you both go over your insurance.
To claim and get paid upon hospitalization,
- Call Turaco
- Send the required documents to their email or WhatsApp
- Upon approval, you will receive payment via MPESA within 72 hours.