[Deadline 31/12/2021] How To Apply HELB Undergraduate Loan For First Time Applicants 2021/2022
- Student Loan Forgiveness Program Application/ Deadline Requirements 2023 - September 22, 2023
- 6 Pro Tips For Using 401k As Down-Payment Towards Your First Home - September 22, 2023
- Kenyan Banks Offering Scholarships And How To Apply For Them  - September 20, 2023
The HELB Undergraduate student loans are reserved for public/private university entrants within the EAC for both government and self sponsored students as well as those pursuing technical courses.
HELB Undergraduate loans are available for first time and subsequent applicants for a defined financial year in which applications can be made.
Note: Once the application deadline has elapsed, one may need to wait for the next financial year inorder to apply.
How To Apply HELB Undergraduate Loan For First Time Applicants
For this loan, you need to first login to your HELB account to make the application (If you do not already have an account, you can follow this tutorial to create one)
Proceed and fill in and update your profile by filling in the required fields such as;
- Personal details
- Residential details
Additional sections to be filled include;
- Institutional details
- Educational background
- Parents details
- Expense details
- Guarantor details
- Bank details
After completion of the above, proceed and print two copies and ensure that all the necessary signatures and stamps from the below are available in their relevant sections.
- Own signature
- Advocate/Magistrate/Commissioner of Oath
- Local chief/assistant chief
In addition, you need to attach the below verification documents as well.
- University admission letter
- Copy of national ID
- KRA Pin
- KCSE result slip
- One colored passport photo
- Parents’ particulars (payslips, bank statements etc)
- Copy of parents’ ID ( for orphans, attach copy of death certificate or burial permit )
- Copy of guarantor’s ID
- Copy of guardian’s ID
- Letter from district medical officer (if disabled)
After attaining all of the above, proceed and take a copy of the loan application form either to HELB offices at Anniversary Towers (Mezzanine 1) or select Huduma centres with HELB desks.