How To Know Whether You Are Blacklisted By CRB [Updated 2021]
- 🇰🇪 Buy Now, Pay Later Apps In Kenya: Sevi Review 2023 - September 30, 2023
- How To Find NSSF Username & Password In 2023 - September 29, 2023
- 3 Top Platforms To Report Digital Lenders In Kenya For Quick Action - September 27, 2023
Lets face it, there’s no such thing as ‘enough money’. Money in whatever proportion(s) will never be sufficient thus there’s always the need to look for more.
From the filthy rich billionaires to the middle class citizens to the dirt poor paupers,money plays a very vital role in their survival and ultimately creates a subsequent rift that divides them into social classes.
Therefore in the quest survival, whereby money is limited, via-a-vis a situation requiring a much larger amount, there is usually the option of taking loans.
Loans in other words are ‘lifesavers’ during financial difficulties. it entails borrowing a certain amount of money payable through a defined duration at a set interest rate.
Despite its advantages, there is also a downside to taking loans.This involves the inability to repay leading to a term referred to as a loan default.
A loan default rating should spell danger to any loanee. For example a loan defaulter here in Kenya risks being blacklisted by the CRB (Credit Reference Bureau) which means you will not be able to access ANY loan from whatever formal source for a period not exceeding 5 years.
To avoid such a scenario, its usually advisable to check your credit status by simply doing the following;
There are currently 3 licensed credit reference bureaus where you can obtain your credit report:
You get listed by CRB after you default a loan by at least 90 days. The law requires CRB to retain the default information for a period of 5 years from when the loan was cleared.
1) METROPOL (CRYSTOBOL SERVICE)
1. For new applicants
- Enter your ID number
- Link phone number to your ID number
- Pay KES 50 to MPESA paybill 220388 A/c number: *your ID number*
- Upon successful payment, you will receive an sms with your PIN, REFERENCE NUMBER and a LINK to download your free credit report.
- The PIN is to enable you access the service in future, the REFERENCE NUMBER is used to download the credit report from the LINK provided.
2. For already registered users
- Enter your PIN ( incase you forgot, Call 0709 834 000 )
- Choose your desired service request from a variety of options
- Listing Status : Pay KES 50 to MPESA paybill 220388 A/c number: *your ID number*
- Credit Score: Pay KES 150 to MPESA paybill 220388 A/c number: *your ID number*
- Credit Report: Pay KES 250 to MPESA paybill 220388 A/c number: *your ID number*
- Clearance certificate: Pay KES 2200 to MPESA paybill 220388 A/c number: *your ID number*
- Who has listed me: Pay KES 50 to MPESA paybill 220388 A/c number: *your ID number*
2) TRANSUNION (NIPASHE)
1. SMS your full names to 21272
2. Enter your ID number
3. Reply with your desired service request
- CR ( Credit Report)
- Entitles you to 1 free credit report per year (Reply with your email address to access it)
- For subsequent credit report : Pay KES 300 to MPESA/AIRTEL paybill 212121 A/c number: *your ID number*
- CS ( Credit Status)
- Good = positive credit rating
- Default = negative credit rating
- CC ( Clearance Certificate)
- Pay KES 2200 to MPESA paybill 212121 A/c number: *your ID number*
- Send payment details to firstname.lastname@example.org and you will be emailed the certificate.
3) CREDIT INFO
- To access your credit report, kindly fill in the Credit Request Report online form
- To obtain your certificate of clearance, kindly fill in the Credit Certificate application form
- If you feel that your Credit Report Contains information that is not correct, kindly fill in the Credit Report Dispute form