NHiF usually imposes a penalty of Ksh250 for any payment made after the 9th of every month (applicable only to Self employed)
How To Pay NHiF Penalties via M-Pesa
- Go to ‘Lipa Na M-Pesa’
- Enter business number as 200222
- Enter account number as national ID number with a ‘y’ at the end e.g 12345678y
- Enter the amount to be repaid
- You will then receive SMS confirmation regarding successful payment of the penalty.
How To Pay NHiF Penalties via NHiF App
- Download and install the NHiF app available from the Playstore.
- Click on ‘Other Services’
- Input your ID number and request OTP
- Enter the code and login to access your dashboard
- Click on ‘Pay Penalties’
- On the next screen, provide the required details such as phone number to pay from, ID number being paid for and penalty amount to pay.
- Proceed and click ‘Make payment’
Sign up to get notified of new loan apps straight to your inbox!
Share your thoughts