4 Updated Methods To Know If NHIF Is Active In 2023
- 🇺🇬 3 Easy Ways to Check CRB Status in Uganda: A Step-by-Step Guide - September 26, 2023
- Forgot Zenka PIN And Security Question? Follow These Steps To Access Your Account Instantly! - September 25, 2023
- Student Loan Forgiveness Program Application/ Deadline Requirements 2023 - September 22, 2023
NHIF is a national medical insurance scheme that provides inpatient and outpatient benefit packages to its members countrywide. Through regular member contributions, the scheme is able to pay for medical treatment for the principal member as well as the covered dependants.
Therefore, due to the unpredictability of ill health, it is advised to keep NHIF current so as to prevent inconveniences when medical issues arise.
Currently, there are 4 different ways to check your NHIF status and they include;
- USSD Code
- NHIF App
- NHIF SelfCare Portal
1. How To Know If NHIF Is Active Via SMS
You will receive SMS containing your membership details such as member number, name, ID number, birth year, membership state, current outpatient hospital & last contribution date.
2. How To Know If NHIF Is Active Via USSD Code
Select your preferred language i.e Option 1 for English or option 2 for Kiswahili
Select option 1: national health scheme
Enter ID number
Verify OTP sent via SMS by selecting option 1
Select option 6: My status
You will receive a notification statement detailing your membership status, contribution status & current outpatient facility.
3. How To Know If NHIF Is Active Via NHIF App
Click on ‘Other services’
Enter your ID number and click ‘Request OTP’ to receive OTP via SMS
Enter the code and tap ‘Login’ to access your dashboard
On your dashboard, your membership status will be displayed denoting your payment status.
4. How To Know If NHIF Is Active Via NHIF Portal
Navigate to the NHIF Selfcare portal
Enter your ID number and click ‘Continue’ to receive OTP sent to you via SMS
Enter the PIN and tap ‘Verify’
Under the ‘facilities’ tab your NHIF status will be indicated.