Jumia is regarded as among the largest online stores in Africa especially in Kenya. Therefore, in its bid to expand its logistics network to reach more cities in Kenya with affordable delivery options, it has decided to partner with existing local businesses.
This mutual relationship ultimately benefits both parties whereby it supports local businesses while at the same time significantly reduces delivery costs for Jumia customers nationwide.
However, in order to become jumia pick up station, one needs to have met the eligibility requirements below.
- Possess 1,000 sq ft dedicated space for Jumia in the facility.
- Dedicated person to manage the pickup station.
- Consent to brand location and staff.
- Possess delivery van and 4 motorbike riders (applicable to existing logistics companies)
- 5 sales agents to assist in regional growth.
- Consent to offer 1 month free customer pickup
Aside from the above, one is also required to submit the below details.
- Bank guarantee of Ksh.1M
- Premise insurance of Ksh.1M
- Certificate of Incorporation
- ID/Passport of directors
- PIN certificates for directors.
- Business/Trading license
- KRA PIN
- Certificate of tax compliance
- GIT insurance (applicable for door deliveries)
Once all the above requirements are met, proceed to fill in the ‘Jumia City Partner Program’ form and submit it for review.
Jumia will then pick the top 2 partners per town, visit them, brand the location and offer training on operations and sales.
Upon attaining the above, Jumia will do a local media launch confirming the partnership and ultimately kick off operations with 1 month free customer pickup.