A green card can be defined simply as a card that allows foreigners permanent residency in the US. It is usually issued on an application basis conducted annually on diverse dates between the 1st week of October to the 1st week of November and is done online and completely free of charge.
Requirements For Green Card Application In Kenya
To make an application, you only need to possess a valid passport and a high school certificate.
Note: In the absence of a high school certificate, there is an option to use work experience although this option is limited to certain occupations which you can check online using this link.
Anyone who meets the above requirements can apply for a green card in Kenya including persons with disabilities or any medical condition.
Applicants from nuclear families can include the other members while those of extended families are encouraged to make their individual applications if they are eligible.
Included children should be biological or legally adopted, unmarried and below the ages of 21 years.
How To Apply For A Green Card Online In Kenya
Navigate to the application website and click on ‘Begin Entry’ and input the authentication code by typing in the characters as they appear in the image and click ‘Submit’
On the next screen, you are to submit your personal details in two parts as outlined below;
PART 1: ENTRANT INFORMATION
- Names ( first & middle names are optional )
- Date of Birth
- City of birth ( optional )
- Country of birth
- Country of eligibility for the Diversity Program
- Passport details such as names on passport, number, expiry date & country/authority of issuance. ( Note: In the absence of a passport either due to lack of nationality, inability to obtain one as a result of being a citizen of a communist-controlled country or possessing an individual waiver exemption )
- Mailing address consisting of address, city/town, District/County/Province/State, Postal Code/Zip Code ( optional ) and country.
- Current country of residence
- (Optional) Phone number
- Email address
- Highest education level
- Marital status
- Number of children
PART 2: DERIVATIVES
a) Spouse details
- Spouse names ( first & middle names are optional )
- Birth date
- Birth city of spouse ( optional )
- Birth country of spouse
- Spouse photograph
b) Children details; Depending on the number of children indicated on part 1, you will be required to submit their info
- Child names ( last & middle names are optional )
- Birth date
- Birth city of child
- Birth country of child
- Child photograph
Once the above details have been filled, click ‘Continue; to confirm them for accuracy and proceed and ‘Submit’. You will then receive a notification as below confirming your submission.
To check whether you have been selected, navigate to the link and click ‘Continue’ and type in the below required info:
- Confirmation number
- Last/Family Name that was used on the Electronic Diversity Visa Entry Form, including punctuation
- Year of birth for the primary entrant
- Type the characters as they appear in the picture.
Categories: Government Programmes