A CRB clearance certificate is a very important document especially if you had previously been blacklisted by CRB due to loan default. It is physical proof that you have cleared any overdue loans and it is also one of the requirements for any government job in Kenya.
Currently, there are only 3 institutions that can issue the CRB Clearance certificate and below are the procedures on how to apply.
To apply for CRB Clearance certificate using Metropol service, simply follow the below steps:
1. Navigate to Metropol online portal
2. Sign in using your National ID and password ( For new users, you are required to register first )
3. Under the Quick services menu, click on ‘Request’ tab for the CRB Certificate.
4. You will be required to pay Ksh2,200 to M-PESA paybill 186644 and enter *your ID number* as the account number.
5. Once the payment is done, the CRB Clearance certificate will be emailed to you.
To apply for CRB Clearance certificate using Transunion Nipashe, simply follow the below steps:
1. Download the Transunion Nipashe app from the Playstore.
2. Launch and activate the app through the verification code sent via SMS
3. Click on the ‘Clearance Certificate’ Tab
4. Enter your email address and click on ‘Submit’
5. You will be required to pay Ksh2,200 to MPESA paybill 212121 and enter *your ID number*as the account number then afterwards, payment details to be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org and you will be emailed the certificate.
To apply for CRB Clearance certificate using CreditInfo, simply follow the below steps:
1. Navigate to the CRB Clearance certificate application page
2. Fill in the form with the required personal details such as:
– Full names as appearing in your national ID
– National ID number
– Phone number
– Email address
– Photo of National ID (attachment)
– Purpose for making the CRB Clearance certificate
3. Select the ‘I’m not a robot’ verification Captcha
4. Click on Submit