How To Register for eCitizen
To become a member of the eCitizen platform, you will be required to register and create an account.To do so, you will need to follow the below steps.
1. Navigate to the eCitizen portal
2. Click on create an account
3. Under the create an account menu, there are
4 account types to choose from i.e
- eCitizen Kenyan citizen: reserved for Kenyan residents only.
- eCitizen Foreign residents: reserved for foreigners residing in Kenya.
- eVisa visitors: reserved for nationals requiring visa entry into Kenya
- eBusiness business: reserved for businesses registered in Kenya.
4. Click on Create an account under the eCitizen Kenyan menu which will direct you to the registration page requiring you to submit personal details such as:
- National ID number
- First name as per national ID(The above info requires validation to ensure accuracy before proceeding)
- Email address
- Mobile number
5. Once the above info is provided, you are required to generate and confirm a password that is to be used for all future logins into the eCitizen platform.
6. Check the ‘ I agree to the terms and conditions’ box and click on ‘Continue’ to finalize the registration process.
7. You will receive an account activation email with a link to activate and create your eCitizen account.
How To Apply For Certificate Of Good Conduct
To begin the certificate of good conduct application process, you will be required to follow the below steps:
1. Navigate to the eCitizen login page
2. Sign in to your eCitizen account using either your email address or ID number and password.
3. Once logged in, click on ‘Get Service’ located under the Directorate of Criminal Investigations.
4. Click on ‘Police clearance certificate’ under the ‘Our services’ menu.
5. You will be directed to a page requiring you to choose the ownership of the police clearance certificate i.e whether it is your own (adult) or for a minor under the age of 18 years.(As per the subject matter of this article, the choice will be for an adult)
6. On the next page, the steps of application, required documents as well as the application fees will be displayed.(Currently, the application fees total to Ksh1,050 whereby Ksh1,000 is for the police clearance certificate’ while Ksh50 is the convenience fees)
7. On the next screen, you are required to select your finger print area and location of choice.
8. Once the choice is made, the next screen will be to make payment using the available payment methods which include Mpesa,Debit/Credit/Prepaid cards, Airtel Money, EazzyPay, E-Agent, KCB/Equity cash or Pesalink.
9. Upon successful payment, you will receive an invoice and C24 form.
10. You will be required to download and print two copies of the invoices and one copy of the C24 on both sides of an A4 paper.
How To Check Whether The Certificate Of Good Conduct Is Ready
After the taking of the your fingerprints at your chosen location, there is usually a wait period of 2 weeks to receive your police clearance certificate (certificate of good conduct)
To find out if your certificate of good conduct is ready via the eCitizen platform, follow the below steps
1. Login to your eCitizen account.
2. Click on ‘Get Service’ under the Directorate of Criminal Investigations menu.
3. Under ‘Recent Applications’ the stage process for the Police Clearance Certificate Application will read as GENERATE CERTIFICATE PN NIL
4. Click on the reference number beginning with PCC- in order to view the downloadable files.
5. Among the files available will be your police clearance certificate (certificate of good conduct) whereby you will have the option to either download or print it.
6. The police clearance certificate ( certificate of good conduct ) will be similar to the one below.
In circumstances whereby there is a delay in processing your certificate of good conduct, you are advised to contact the below :
Tel: 020 334 3312 / 020 720 200