This is an overdraft service from Safaricom that allows M-PESA customers to complete their M-PESA transactions when they have insufficient funds in their M-PESA account.
The service is accessible through USSD via *234#
You need to be an M-PESA registered customers with an active Safaricom line.
Method 1 ( Via USSD )
- Dial *234# and select Fuliza M-PESA to opt in.
Method 2 ( Via mySafaricom app )
Open the mySafaricom app and access the M-PESA tab.
- Select Fuliza M-PESA
Click Opt In
Fuliza limits range from Ksh 1 to Ksh 70,000
The Fuliza charges are as below:
Ksh 0-100 ( daily fee Ksh 2 )
- Ksh 101-500 ( daily fee Ksh 5 )
- Ksh 501-1000 ( daily fee Ksh 10 )
- Ksh 1001-1500 ( daily fee Ksh 20 )
- Ksh 1501-2500 ( daily fee Ksh 25 )
Ksh 2501-70000 ( daily fee Ksh 30 )
Fuliza loans are repayable within 30 days of disbursement.
Outstanding balances are automatically deducted upon loading of the MPESA account.
For mySafaricom app users only.
This app has access to:
- Device & app history- retrieve running apps
- Identity- find accounts on the device and read your own contact card
- Contacts- find accounts on the device and read your contacts
- Location- approximate location (network-based) and precise location (GPS and network-based)
- Phone- read call log and read phone status and identity
- Photos/Media/Files- read the contents of your USB storage and modify or delete the contents of your USB storage
- Storage- read the contents of your USB storage and modify or delete the contents of your USB storage
- Camera- take pictures and videos
- Wi-Fi connection information- view Wi-Fi connections
- Device ID & call information- read phone status and identity
- update component usage statistics
- read historical network usage
- receive data from Internet
- view network connections
- full network access
- control Near Field Communication
- read terms you added to the dictionary
- run at startup
- control vibration
- prevent device from sleeping
- add words to user-defined dictionary
- install shortcuts
- uninstall shortcuts
read Google service configuration
HOW TO GROW LIMIT
Increase usage of Safaricom and MPESA services.
Timely repayment of Fuliza loans.
Unpaid balances after the expiry of 30 days will lead to inaccessibility of the service.
After automatic deduction of the outstanding balance, the rest of the funds remain in MPESA account.
REPAYMENT DATE EXTENSION
- Dial Safaricom customer service at 234 or 100