UbaPesa loan app is offered by UbaPesa Ltd. The mobile loan app is available on the Google Playstore and is accessible to all Kenyans and has over 100K+ downloads as well as a 3.7/5 star rating with 3.4K+ reviews in the Playstore.
To be able to use the UbaPesa app, one needs to own an android smartphone, be at least 18 years with a valid national ID and also be a registered Safaricom subscriber.
In addition, users must also grant the app permission to access your phone data in order to further ascertain the user’s eligibility.
1.Download and install the UbaPesa app.
2.Follow the registration prompts, create PIN and login.
3.Apply for loan, get approved and receive loan.
UbaPesa loans range from Ksh 500 to a maximum of Ksh 70,000
UPDATE: Ubapesa revised their rates to between 10.17% to 15% i.e 10% ( 60 days of 3 payments ) and 15% ( 60 days of 1 payment )
Fee rates charged are between 10% to 15% depending on the loan amount and repayment duration. i.e 10% ( 10 days ) and 15% ( 20 days )
UPDATE: Repayment duration revised to 60 days with options of 1 payment and 3 payments.
The loan term are repayable in 10 days or 20 days.
To make UbaPesa loan repayments:
- Go to your Safaricom menu and select M-Pesa
- From your M-Pesa menu select Lipa na M-Pesa
- Select the Pay Bill option
- Enter the business number 144966
- Enter your UbaPesa registered phone number as the account number
- Enter your payment amount
- Enter your M-Pesa PIN
Confirm that all details are correct and press \’OK\’
This app has access to:
- Device ID & call information- read phone status and identity
- Contacts- read your contacts and find accounts on the device
- SMS- receive text messages (SMS) and read your text messages (SMS or MMS)
- Storage- read the contents of your USB storage and modify or delete the contents of your USB storage
- Location- precise location (GPS and network-based)
- Identity- find accounts on the device
- Wi-Fi connection information- view Wi-Fi connections
- Photos/Media/Files- read the contents of your USB storage and modify or delete the contents of your USB storage
- Phone- read phone status and identity
- receive data from Internet
- view network connections
- full network access
- prevent device from sleeping
- control vibration
- run at startup
10% penalty 48 hours from due date and a further 10% on compounded balance on the 10th day from the due date.
The excess amount remains in your UbaPesa account.
REPAYMENT DATE EXTENSION