Timiza loan app is offered by Barclays ( now ABSA ). The mobile loan app is available on the Google Playstore and is accessible to all Kenyans and has over 1M+ downloads as well as a 4.1/5 star rating with 12K+ reviews in the Playstore.
Users can also access the service without downloading and installing the app by simply dialing *848#
To be able to use Timiza, one needs to own a phone, be at least 18 years with a valid national ID and also be a registered Safaricom subscriber with an active M-PESA for more than 6 months.
In addition, users must also grant the app permission to access your phone data in order to further ascertain the user’s eligibility.
- Download the app, install and follow the registration process
- Log in to the app
- Click on ‘My loans‘ , select ‘Request loan’ and then ‘Continue’
- If approved, the loan procured will be sent to your Timiza account.
Timiza offers loans ranging from Ksh. 50 to Ksh. 100,000 whereby your credit score is largely dependent on your repayment history. Furthermore, this will also act as a determining factor in future loan increments.
Timiza loans attract a total of 6.08% whereby 1.083% ( interest rate ) and 5% ( facility fee ) on the cost of processing the loan.
Timiza loans are to be paid within 30 days.
To make Timiza loan repayments:
- Go to your Safaricom menu and select M-Pesa
- From your M-Pesa menu select Lipa na M-Pesa
- Select the Pay Bill option
- Enter the business number 300067
- Enter your Timiza registered phone number as the account number
- Enter your payment amount
- Enter your M-Pesa PIN
- Confirm that all details are correct and press \’OK\’
This app has access to:
Contacts- read your contacts
- Location- approximate location (network-based) and precise location (GPS and network-based)
- Phone- directly call phone numbers and read phone status and identity
- Photos/Media/Files- read the contents of your USB storage and modify or delete the contents of your USB storage
- Storage- read the contents of your USB storage and modify or delete the contents of your USB storage
- Camera- take pictures and videos
- Wi-Fi connection information- view Wi-Fi connections
- Device ID & call information- read phone status and identity
- receive data from Internet
- view network connections
- full network access
- control vibration
- prevent device from sleeping
Your loan repayment period will be extended for an additional 30 days and you will be charged an additional 5% roll-overfee on your outstanding loan balance.
The excess amount will be credited in to your Timiza account.
REPAYMENT DATE EXTENSION
Phone- 0709 213 000 / 020 42 65 000