Tajiri loan app is offered by Tajiri. The mobile loan app is available on the Google Playstore and is accessible to all Kenyans and has over 10K+ downloads as well as a 3.3/5 star rating with 0.4K+ reviews.
To be able to use the Utajiri app, one needs to own a smartphone, be at least 18 years with a valid national ID and also be a registered Safaricom subscriber.
In addition, users must also grant the app permission to access your phone data in order to further ascertain the user’s eligibility.
Download the app, install and follow the registration prompts to completion.
Loan amounts range from Ksh 200 to a maximum of Ksh 30,000.
Interests rates can go as high as 40% depending on amount and repayment period.
Repayment period ranges from 7, 14, 21 and 28 days.
To make a repayment, follow these steps:
1. Navigate to M-Pesa in your Safaricom menu on your phone
2. Select Lipa na M-PESA
3. Choose the Paybill option
4. Enter the Paybill number 784221
5. For account number, enter your M-Pesa number with which you registered with.
6. Enter your repayment amount
7. Enter your M-PESA pin
8. Confirm that all details are correct and press ‘OK’.
This app has access to:
- Identity- find accounts on the device
- Contacts- find accounts on the device and read your contacts
- Location- approximate location (network-based) and precise location (GPS and network-based)
- Phone- read phone status and identity
- Device ID & call information- read phone status and identity
- receive data from Internet
- view network connections
- full network access
- run at startup
- prevent device from sleeping
Late payments incur a 1% penalty fee per day on the outstanding principal from the due date.
REPAYMENT DATE EXTENSION
Yes. This option is valid for active loans that are not 30 days past due and can be accessed via the ‘Extend‘ tab. The extension terms allows you to postpone repayment by either 7 days, 14 days, 21 days or 28 days.
However, the extension fee will depend on the extension term and will be displayed upon request for extension.