Carbon loan app is offered by One Finance & Investment Ltd. The mobile loan app is available on the Google Playstore and is accessible to all Kenyans and has over 100M+ downloads as well as a 4.5/5 star rating with 63K+ reviews.
To be able to use the Carbon app, one needs to own a phone, be at least 18 years with a valid national ID and also be a registered Safaricom subscriber.
Download, install and launch the Carbon mobile loan app.
Click on Register and input your names ( first name & surname ), date of birth, id number, email address and phone number.
Create & Confirm your carbon PIN, verify your phone number and finally accept the Terms Of Service.
LOAN APPLICATION PROCESS
Click On ‘Apply for a loan‘ and enable permissions. Afterwards, you will be required to fill in mandatory categories highlighted below.
Personal info – first, middle & surname, date of birth, ID number, gender, email address, marital status and number of children ( if any )
- Education & employment- education level, employment status, employer/business name and monthly income.
- Address details- residence type (rented or owned), current address, county, sub-county, rent per year and duration of stay.
Loan details- loan amount needed and reason.
Enable location access inorder to proceed and complete application.
Calculation of loan offer ( loan amount, repayment duration and interest )
Request for selfie and ID picture ( front & back )
View your loan summary, click Apply for loan, confirm application and Click ‘Submit‘
Confirm application by entering your PIN
Loans range from Ksh 400 to Ksh 50,000
A Carbon loan attracts a one-off fee of 15% for the principal borrowed.
Repayment terms of up to 64 weeks.
Use the ’Make a Repayment’ button on the ‘Your Loans’ page on the app.
This app has access to:
- Wi-Fi connection information- view Wi-Fi connections
- Location- precise location (GPS and network-based) and approximate location (network-based)
- Calendar- read calendar events plus confidential information
- Camera- take pictures and videos
- Device ID & call information- read phone status and identity
- Phone- read phone status and identity
- Storage- read the contents of your USB storage and modify or delete the contents of your USB storage
- Photos / Media / Files- read the contents of your USB storage and modify or delete the contents of your USB storage
- SMS- read your text messages (SMS or MMS)
- Device & app history- read your Web bookmarks and history
- Contacts- read your contacts
- Receive data from Internet
- View network connections
- Run at startup
- Full network access
- Draw over other apps
Prevent device from sleeping
Failure to pay off any loans taken trigger a notice to the consumer credit reporting agency which would negatively impact an individual’s credit score. Late payments can also affect your ability to borrow in the future.
REPAYMENT DATE EXTENSION