REGISTRATION CODE: s6m3k5
Branch is a loan app offered by Branch International. The app is available on the Google Playstore and is accessible to all Kenyans and has over 10M+ downloads as well as a 4.6 star rating with 229K+ reviews.
In order to use Branch, one requires to be at least 18 years old with a valid national ID, be a Safaricom subscribed member with access to M-PESA service or possess an active Facebook account.
Furthermore, Branch requires access to your phone data in order to determine your eligibility.
REGISTRATION / APPLICATION PROCESS
- Download the app at the Google Playstore.
- Install it and follow the registration process to completion.
- Login, tap on the menu located at the top left of the app, click on ‘Promotions’ , enter the code s6m3k5 and click on ‘Apply Code’.
- Navigate back to the menu and apply for your loan.
Generally, your phone data including SMS messages are used in lending decisions and in case you are unfortunate in getting a loan initially, keep the app installed and ensure you save the data on your phone, stay current with all other lenders, and correctly input your account details and try re-applying after the set duration.
Branch offers a minimum loan amount of Ksh 250 and a maximum amount of Ksh 70,000 with each loan increment being dependent on a variety of factors including Branch repayment history.
The interest rates range between 13% to 29% depending on the loan amount as well as the repayment duration.
The loan is repayable in 21 days as well as 30 days.
To make a repayment, follow these steps:
1. Navigate to M-Pesa in your Safaricom menu on your phone
2. Select Lipa na M-PESA
3. Choose the Paybill option
4. Enter the Paybill number 998608
5. For account number, enter your M-Pesa number on which you received your Branch loan
6. Enter your repayment amount
7. Enter your M-PESA pin
8. Confirm that all details are correct and press ‘OK’.
Branch uses data from your phone, including your handset details and financial transaction messages to make lending decisions. These data are a crucial part of our decision making process, and allow us to provide seamless and efficient financial services.
As a result, the app requires access to
- Identity- read your own contact card.
- Contacts- read your contacts.
- Location- approximate location (network-based) and precise location (GPS and network-based).
- SMS- read your text messages (SMS or MMS) and receive text messages (SMS).
- Phone- read phone status and identity.
- Photos/Media/Files- read the contents of your USB storage and modify or delete the contents of your USB storage.
- Storage- read the contents of your USB storage and modify or delete the contents of your USB storage.
- Camera- take pictures and videos.
- Wi-Fi connection information- view Wi-Fi connections.
- Device ID & call information- read phone status and identity.
- Receive data from Internet.
- View network connections.
- Full network access.
- Run at startup.
- Draw over other apps.
- Control vibration.
- Prevent device from sleeping.
Paying each installment by its due date allows you to access larger loan sizes. Late repayments will affect your ability to get subsequent or larger loans. If you are very late on your payments, we report to the Credit Reference Bureau (CRB). Blacklisting by the CRB may affect your ability to borrow from other lenders.
If you overpay your loan on your last repayment, the amount will remain on your account and be applied on the repayment of your next loan.
REPAYMENT DATE EXTENSION