REGISTRATION CODE: BM43PHT0
Berry is a loan app offered by Finberry Capital Ltd. The app is available on the Google Playstore and is accessible to all Kenyans and has over 100K+ downloads as well as a 3.4 star rating with 3.3K+ reviews.
To be able to use the Berry app, one needs to own an android smartphone, be at least 18 years with a valid national ID and also be a registered Safaricom subscriber.
In addition, users must also grant the app permission to access your phone data in order to further ascertain the user’s eligibility.
REGISTRATION/ APPLICATION PROCESS
- Download the app at the Google Playstore.
- Install it and follow the registration process to completion. ( Kindly do not forget to input the code BM43PHT0 )
- Log in and Click on ‘Apply Now’
- Select your loan amount and repayment options
Please note that your phone data will be considered during loan disbursements. In the event that your application is not successful the first time, kindly maintain the app installed on your phone as you gradually accumulate enough data on your phone and attempt to reapply in future.
Berry offers loans ranging from Ksh. 500 to Ksh. 50,000 whereby your credit score is largely dependent on your repayment history. Furthermore, this will also act as a determining factor in future loan increments.
Berry charges a fee of between 8% to 15% and is largely dependent on a number of factors including repayment history, lending costs as well as mobile money transaction costs, such as M-PESA charges, associated with loan repayment. Standard SMS and data charges by your mobile service provider may apply.
Berry offers a repayment period of up-to 30 days.
To make a repayment, please follow the following steps
- Navigate to M-PESA in your Safaricom menu on your phone
- Select Lipa na M-PESA
- Choose the Paybill option
- Enter the Paybill number 977888
- For account number, enter your M-PESA number on which you received your Berry loan
- Enter your repayment amount
- Enter your M-PESA pin
- Confirm that all details are correct and press ‘OK’.
In order for Berry to make a lending decision, access to the user’s phone data is required. However, such data is protected using exceptional data security, encryption methods as per GDPR regulation and also held in strict confidentiality unless during loan default upon which the user’s information will be shared with authorized CRB institutions.
Berry app will require phone access to:
- Identity- find accounts on the device.
- Calendar- read calendar events plus confidential information and also add or modify calendar events and send email to guests without owners’ knowledge.
- Contacts- find accounts on the device and read your contacts.
- Location- precise location (GPS and network-based).
- SMS- read your text messages (SMS or MMS) and receive text messages (SMS).
- Phone- read phone status and identity.
- Photos/Media/Files- read the contents of your USB storage and modify or delete the contents of your USB storage.
- Storage- read the contents of your USB storage and modify or delete the contents of your USB storage.
- Camera- take pictures and videos.
- Wi-Fi connection information- view Wi-Fi connections.
- Device ID & call information- read phone status and identity.
- Receive data from Internet.
- View network connections.
- Pair with Bluetooth devices.
- Access Bluetooth settings.
- Full network access.
- Run at startup.
- Prevent device from sleeping.
Loan defaults upon due date will attract a rollover fee as well as inability to access future or larger loans. In addition, very late payments will result in being blacklisted by Credit Reference Bureau (CRB).
If you overpay your loan on your last repayment, the amount will be credited to your Berry wallet and you can access it anytime.
REPAYMENT DATE EXTENSION
Yes. However, it will attract a rollover fee.
Official Website- https://www.berry.ke/